Title: Customer Service Role based in Birmingham Office
Established in 1972, Skynet has grown to be the world’s largest independently owned express courier network with over 1000 offices in 209 countries and territories. Over the years we have developed the complete range of global distribution services to meet our customers’ distribution needs.
Classic customer service role in a busy office where service excellence is key to the business.
• Very strong understanding of English Language (Including communication and written skills)
• Ability to work within a team, as well as using own initiative and a “can do” positive attitude
• Ability to have clear, concise and professional dialogue with customers and internal colleagues by telephone and email
• Deal with situations where the customers’ expectations have not been met and achieving an outcome that gives the customer with a positive impression of Skynet
• Ability to produce detailed customer reports on shipment status and overall service performance
Requirements / Duties
• DBS Certificate (formerly known as Disclosure Scotland Certificate)
• A complete and up to date 5-year work history for security
• At least 2 years’ experience working within a customer service/administration role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with people at all levels
• Confident and professional telephone manner
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a ‘can do attitude’.
• Good team player with the ability to work on own initiative
• Assist with Sales support for the sales team
• Good computer skills Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• Good geographic knowledge
Hours of work
Monday to Friday – 09:00 to 17:30 but may be required to be flexible during busy times of the year with prior notice.
Please contact [email protected] for any Skynet/Deltec vacancy information.