POSITION: Key Accounts Manager
DIVISION: SkyNet Johannesburg
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To build strong relationships with key account customers in line with our customer-centric business model. To bring new business on board in line with individual targets and in line with SkyNet’s strategy. This position operates at a service level and a revenue generation role.
- Manage the pipeline of opportunities from current and prospective customers to ensure that sales goals/strategies can be met. This includes qualification of opportunities within the pipeline, proper prioritization of activities, and management of time and commitments to ensure priority opportunities move through the sales cycle.
- Make use of the sales and prospecting tools provided. – Saleboat etc
- Close sales prospects, to meet sales goals/strategies and contribute to company profitability. This includes solution design and preparation of proposals, performing or coordinating presentations when necessary, and closing the sale as quickly, efficiently and independently as possible by applying a solution-selling methodology and properly managing the sales cycle.
- Complete all sales paperwork promptly, thoroughly and accurately, to ensure company profitability and maximize our ability to deliver a high-quality solution and minimize potential problems or issues in service delivery or invoicing. This includes all new account documentation and sales reports. Prospect, build and manage pipeline that are in line with SkyNet’s sales strategy at the time.
- Builds relationships with senior management in order to effectively serve the customer.
- Frequently engage / communicate with account/customers
- Manage customer perceptions of services provided
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are documented for all accounts over, R50000.00
- Ensure all accounts are handed over to Key Account Managers after 6 months of trading.
- Ensure all new business accounts are implemented timeously and effectively.
- Ensure that targets set out (subject to change) are achieved consistently – measured over a rolling 3-month period.
- Continually align sales efforts that are in line with SkyNet’s company Sales Strategies.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to operate independently.
- Very detail orientated.
- Disciplined to create order in daily work.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer focus
- Computer-literate (MS Office at an advanced level)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Key account planning
- Customer Engagement Planning
- Forecasting: what key clients will contribute – total value of client
- In depth product knowledge
- Opening and closing skills
- Implementation skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Grade 12.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification (would be advantageous).
- 2 years’ experience in Sales and courier/express road freight industry.
- South African Citizen with clear criminal record