POSITION: New Business Sales Consultant
DIVISION: SkyNet, Durban
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To ensure that new business is brought on board in line with individual sales targets and Skynet’s sales strategy. Revenue growth.
- Manage the pipeline of opportunities from current and prospective customers to ensure that sales goals/strategies can be met. This includes qualification of opportunities within the pipeline, proper prioritization of activities, and management of time and commitments to ensure priority opportunities move through the sales cycle.
- Make use of the sales and prospecting tools provided. – Saleboat etc
- Close sales prospects, to meet sales goals/strategies and contribute to company profitability. This includes solution design and preparation of proposals, performing or coordinating presentations when necessary, and closing the sale as quickly, efficiently and independently as possible by applying a solution-selling methodology and properly managing the sales cycle.
- Complete all sales paperwork promptly, thoroughly and accurately, to ensure company profitability and maximize our ability to deliver a high-quality solution and minimize potential problems or issues in service delivery or invoicing. This includes all new account documentation and sales reports.
- Prospect, build and manage pipeline that are in line with Skynet’s sales strategy at the time.
- Builds relationships with senior management in order to effectively serve the customer
- Frequently engage / communicate with account/customers
- Manage customer perceptions of services provided
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are documented for all accounts over R50000.00
- Ensure all accounts are handed over to Key Account Managers after 6 months of trading.
- Ensure all new business accounts are implemented timeously and effectively.
- Ensure that targets set out (subject to change) are achieved consistently – measured over a rolling 3-month period.
- Continually align sales efforts that are in line with Skynet’s company Sales Strategies.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Sales courier experience
- Excellent communication & client relations & service orientation skills
- Professional Presentation Skills
- Attention to detail & follow-up skills
- Administrative skills Strong
- Own transport – reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to operate independently.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Computer Literate (MS Office at an advanced level)
- Excellent sales skills
- Proven sales history
- Results Driven
- Deadline Driven
- Strong Administrative skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Grade 12
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification (would be advantageous)
- Experience in Logistics / Courier Industry
- Min 5 years’ experience in sales
- South African Citizen with clear criminal record